Things have been a bit down around these parts lately. I’ve been drowning in my own self-pity, hoarse from screaming for someone to notice I’m unhappy. I’m tired. I’m tired of the negativity feeding off the anxiety. Today it stops. It may not be a forever stop, but nonetheless a stop for today. As Charles Dickens so cleverly noted, “Change begets change. Nothing propagates so fast.” (thank you to my friend Kelley for reminding me how therapeutic quotes can be.) If I want my world, my happiness to change, I must being that chain of events with my own change.
Instead of doing what comes naturally to me by focusing on the negative, I am going to start this week by focusing on the positive.
This positivity post is dedicated to the man whom takes the brunt of my negativity in stride, my husband. So for you, my love (did that hurt you guys to read as much as it hurt me to type? I am not the sappy person this post will play me out to be.) these are 10 things I love about you write now:
1. I love your strength, physically and emotionally.
2. I love your dedication to your family and your friends. Once you let someone in to your heart, you protect them no matter what.
3. I love your new-found need for all things sugar. Sure it may be a substitute for something else at the moment, but for now, we share a common love, besides our daughter.
4. Speaking of Emberly, I love that it is obvious you are her father (even when her fiery side rears its head).
(With another budding Buffalo Wild Wings enthusiast in the house, we should probably buy stock in the company.)
5. I love your ability to know when I just need a hug, and your follow through with making that happen.
6. I love the fact that even your calloused hands can lovingly wipe the tears from my face.
7. I love the joy I see in your eyes when Emberly does something to amaze you. It’s truly breathtaking to know that we created something to sensational, together.
8. I love that you’ll warm up the garage and stir the paint more than it needs to be stirred, just to share that button pushing moment with Emberly.
9. I love that you are the main chef in our house…and you’re not half bad at it either 😉
10. I love that you are helping around the house in an attempt to help minimize my anxiety.
Most of all, I love that you are willing to put up with me and help me through this anxiety riddled darkness while battling your own demons.
Slut Puppy 😉